1. The Vinewood Casino has been a source of discussion since GTA Online launched way back in 2013.
2. It initially appeared in the game as a kind of placeholder, baring a banner that read "Opening Soon", seemingly teasing its eventual grand opening.
3. There were rumours that it was part of some planned storyline DLC for GTA 5, which was listed as 'coming very soon' back in 2013.
4. Some even purported that the additional story content would involve Trevor robbing the casino as part of a new heist mission, but no such DLC ever appeared.
5. And then on June 6, 2019, during a routine weekly update the "Opening Soon" banner disappeared, and it looked like the casino was preparing to open at long last.
6. After six years of waiting, on July 23, 2019, the GTA Online casino finally opened its doors, allowing us to gamble buy exclusive penthouses, and even use the plane concierge.
7. Is this the beginning of an evolving map for GTA Online? The player base is still so huge, and this is such a big update so late after launch, this could be the start of a new chapter for GTA 5's online multiplayer...